Importance of Environment management
Environmental management system is a process set which enables the organisation to reduce environmental impact & increases its operating efficiency. EMS is a framework that helps a organisation to achieve its environmental goals through consistent review, improvement & implementing environmental protection process.
What is ISO 14001
The ISO 14001 is a standard authorised by International Organisation for Standardisation in 1996 for implementing a standardized program for environmental operations. Implementation of ISO 14001 standard guarantees that an institution takes suitable process to diminish adverse distress of it’s activities over environment.
ISO 14001 certification make available of a tool to efficiently administer the ecological distress of an organization.
Ecological principles involved
Setting up process
Examination & corrective plans
Execution of the processes
EConstant Improvement of the process
Benefits of 14001 Certification
Compliance with environmental legislation
Checking the records for quality and efficiency
Scope of Improvement & Client satisfaction Process
Adhering to Industries best quality policies
Making all department to function as per standards.
- Auditor checks your systems and lets you know on the requirements of ISO standards.
- They conduct a complete assessment and provide you the report of it.
- The auditor checks the records and lets you know his findings and then he interviews the personnel.
- Reviewing your documents and an internal audit is completed and then it is audited by Registrar.
- After the rectification of the shortcomings as per the standards, the actual schedule of the audit will be provided by the assessment team.
- Once it is given the team visits and inspects the entire facility. They conduct meetings with employees and at the end they provide a detailed report on their findings and recommendations.
- Once every standard is met they approve the organization for the certification and they issue the 14001 certificate.
Requirements for ISO 14001
Develop environmental policy
A person for support of EMS
Spot actual & probable impacts
Spot compliance requirements
Create Environmental objectives
Monitor the progress
Review the process
ISO 14001 identifies a set of EMS necessities to assist all type of organizations
Save the environment from harm
Put a full-stop to pollution
Progressing EMS performance