ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System which can be applied to any of the organization in the food chain, farm to fork. As many of the today’s food products are repeatedly crossing the national boundaries and hence because of that International Standards are required to ensure the safety of the global food supply chain. When using a Food Safety Management System, it will help you to ensure the food you supply is of a high standard and free from contamination.
Requirements for ISO 22000
ISO 22000 places the requests for a food safety management system and can be endorsed to. It charts out what an organization desires to do to display its ability to control food safety risk in order to ensure that the food is safe. This can be used by any organization irrespective of its size or position in the food chain.
Why to implement ISO 22000:2018
Day by day in our land food is produced, transported, traded and even consumed. Hence there is at all times a risk of contamination and other food safety risk. The Food Safety Standard focuses on reducing the danger of infection and therefore the risk of spreading of disease in the food supply-chain process is also abridged. This standard benefits your organization further it also affords greater clearness, it minimises the food risks, on one hand, and it provides greater security to the end consumer.
Who can obtain ISO 22000
- This is available for all the direct and indirect food chain stakeholders regardless of their size.
- This is applicable for Agricultural producers
- This will also be applicable to Food Manufacturer
- Also applicable for Catering industry
- Food Packaging service is also includes under this system
- Further Animal feeds and Animal food products
5 Key Benefits of ISO 22000
- The foremost advantage of Food safety management system is that the greater public’s health is secured
- Because of the quality and safe food, customer satisfaction is assured
- Guaranteed international recognition by way of implementation ISO 22000 certification.
- It helps you to win more business and customers
- It lowers the risk of liability
What are the Key Steps for Development of ISO 22000: 2018
- Have a overall food safety policy for your organisation
- Planning and designing a management system
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system
- Maintain a proper communication system in the organisation
- Review the performance of Food Safety Management system
- Execute Prerequisite Programs
- Creating a corrective action system and have power over nonconforming product
- Controlling supervising and measuring devices
- Conduct Internal Audit
- Update and improve the food safety system
Steps for ISO 22000 Certification
The process of ISO 22000:2018 certification can be brief be explained in 4 simple steps. By reading this, it may look simple, but to carry out the process, it need some consistent efforts. Lets see the process now:
Step 1: Develop the Management System.
Step 4: Internal audit
Step 2: Implementation of the Food Safety System
Step 5: Apply for Certification.
Step 3: Verify the System and take corrective measures.
Step 6: Third Party Audit & Certification