What is ISO 9001 : 2015
ISO 9001:2015, a quality management system which can be implemented in organization irrespective of size or volume of production or number of employees and this certification is paramount around the world in making the organizations a valuable and excellent in their management progression.
Who can obtain this Certification:
All the principles of ISO 9001:2015 are generic. This applies to all the organisation irrespective of its size or product. Either its Proprietorship or Partnership or Limited Company, any organisation which compiles all the principles of ISO 9001 standards can obtain the certification. Manufacturer and even service providers are eligible for it.
Seven fundamental qualities of 9001 quality management standard
- Customer Focused: To implement, continuously improve and to impose effective quality management system, Customer Focus is primary. This customer focus attitude helps the organisation to get satisfied customers and the customer retention happens easily. This helps the organisation to attract Good will effortlessly.
- Process Approach: To obtain ISO 9001:2008 Certification, process approach is important criteria. The process approach is a management strategy. At a basic level, the process approach requires you to identify your processes, their inputs and intended outputs, and how these processes are interrelated and interact with each other.
- Continual improvement: The major dynamic goals of ISO 9001 is the principle of continual progress. You must be able to express continual improvement. There is a drastic difference between continual and continuous improvements. Continuous indicates duration without interruption. Continual indicates duration that continues over a long period of time, but with intervals of interruption.
- Leadership: The first and far most quality for obtaining an ISO 9001:2015 certification, is Leadership and Commitment. The clause on “Management commitment” is now been replaced with “Leadership and commitment”. Top management is required to: ensure quality policy and objectives should be companionable with the framework of the organization. Uphold the use of process approach. Also make sure that the quality management system attains intended results.
- Engagement of People: Engagement of People means Improved perceptive of the organization’s quality purpose by people in the business and increased motivation to achieve them.
- Decision making: It is not only decision making but actually its evidence based decision making. The collection of data and then analysis the data is the evidence based decision making. When you develop your quality management processes think long and hard about the data that is collected in the process.
- Relationship Management: Interested people sways the performance of an organization. Sustained success is more likely to be achieved when the organization manages relationships with all of its interested parties to optimize their impact on its performance. Relationship management with its supplier and partner networks is of particular importance.
If your organisation is keen in obtaining the ISO 9001 : 2015 standards, then the following 7 principles of quality management should have been complied with.
Benefits of ISO 9001 : 2015 Certification
Helps in meeting consumer requirements. It increases the efficiency of the organisation. Implement the quality process and procedures which are based on a quality focus.
The revenue of the organisation will increase. While implementing the ISO quality standards in an organisation, it avoids wastage and hence revenue will be increased.
ISO 9001 certification makes your organisation. ISO Certification is recognised in 168 countries. Hence this gives a standard recognition in the global trade.
Improves repeat order from customers which is one of the key rule for a successful business. This can be achieved when your organisation is customer focused.